Below are some suggestions on how you could spread the word/be involved. Suggestions always welcome!
Simple and quick
- Create a pinned tweet on your twitter feed with text along the lines of this below I’ve signed the petition calling for #Manchester City Council to declare a #climate emergency. If you live, work or study in Manchester, you can (should!) too. https://bit.ly/2uBnnFS And tag people into it who you think will sign it/give it a signal boost.
- Repost it on facebook
- Change your twitter/facebook photo to something like this.
- Having an email signature that says, well – I’ve signed the petition calling for Manchester City Council to declare a climate emergency. If you live, work or study in Manchester, you can (should!) too. https://bit.ly/2uBnnFS
- Encourage your friends, family and acquaintances to do so
- Make a short video (use your phone) explaining why you signed, why it’s important to you, encouraging your friends to do the same, and then posting online
- Encouraging any groups you are part of to include the existence of the petition in every newsletter/digest they send out
- Encourage other people to make videos
- Tell us about upcoming events where we could get signatures
- Put us in touch with organisers of events/community leaders where we might be able to go and do a workshop
Complex and longer
- Get involved in the campaign itself
- Learn to write press releases
- Update websites
- Basic word-processing stuff
- Other things