Today Climate Emergency Manchester was out with a sandwich board with a QR code on it at the XR Northern Rebellion. Various people who endured the speech then took photos of the QR code and have signed the petition online.
Whoop! We now have over 900 signatures – 509 on paper and 392 online.
That’s great, but we need another 3100 by November 10th in order to force a debate in Full Council
Here’s some of the ways how you help us get there.
- If you are a school student or a university student and your school or university is physically located within Manchester City Council’s boundaries, then you can get all your fellow students to sign the petition. We would LOVE to speak to groups of students. and hear what they are doing. If you can organise a zoom call, please do
- If you work at Wythenshawe Hospital, North Manchester General, The Eye Hospital, the Manchester Royal Infirmary, St Mary’s, you can sign the petition and encourage other people to do same. Again, we’d love to speak to groups of health workers.
- If you live in Manchester City Council’s boundaries, you can sign online, or you can print off a sheet and get everyone in your social bubble who lives within the boundaries to sign, and then email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will come collect
- You can make a short film about the fact that you’ve signed the petition and send us the footage – we want videos from all 32 wards…
- We have a social media blitz coming up next Monday, 7th September. You can change your profile picture, tweet and facebook about the petition. We will be releasing videos, tweets etc.
We have other ideas too, but that will do for now!