Chloe, Lauren and Simon are back with Season 2 of the Climate Emergency Manchester podcast. So, where were we? Let’s have a recap. It’s like a montage but longer.
In this episode:
- Welcome and intro to our Season 2 recap. [0:0]
- A reminder on carbon budgets [2:19]
- MCR has burnt through 40% of its carbon budget, which is likely to be gone by 2027 at the latest.
- MCC is going to build a solar farm! Or is it? [8:28]
- What’s going on with that Clean Air Zone and how does Manchester compare to other UK cities? [18:05]
- Local election 2023 review – “a green spread? Sounds like some fairly rank butter”. Neighbourhoods content is back in with climate change at scrutiny. All in good faith or is this a reversal of the Climate Emergency Manchester win in 2021? [32:23]
- Outro – Season 2 will look at MCC scrutiny items as well as important issues for us, our listeners and hopefully some guests. If you have suggestions for either, email email@example.com [47:46]
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- MCC’s Environment and Climate Change Scrutiny Committee – landing page
- Watch MCC scrutiny meetings on Vimeo
Tell us what you think
We want your feedback, suggestions for areas to focus on in future episodes and ideas for guests to join us. Email our podcast team.