If you have things that you think should be in our Monday bulletin, please email us on email@example.com
Climate Emergency Manchester news
The open letter, signed by a whole bunch of organisations, calling on Manchester City Council to institute the strongest possible climate scrutiny got a bunch of new signatories
(See also CEM’s four page briefing about how the new Climate Emergency Scrutiny Committee could function as a vital node in Manchester’s climate response.) And we have a new video about what has to be on the remit.
Watch this 1 minute video.— Climate Emergency Manchester (@ClimateEmergMcr) March 15, 2021
Please send it to your councillors.
Please send it to your friends, asking them to send it to their councillors. pic.twitter.com/OIeEOHb3Fb
We urge you to write to your councillors and to Council leader Richard Leese. And please ask your friends to write too!
The proposed rejig of the scrutiny system is predictably awful.
If you want to get involved in what we do – and you don’t need to be an “expert” in anything – please do get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
This week sees two meetings on Wednesday
- 9.15 am Constitutional and Nomination Committee
- 10.00 am Council
Both are virtual and live streamed – in May, “real-life/meatspace” meetings resume
Dates for your diary
- Wednesday 31 March, 10am – meeting of Full Council, where proposals for massively improved climate scrutiny may be a) presented and b) agreed.
- Thursday 1st April, 5.30-7pm Mayoral Hustings on Climate Change Register via Eventbrite.
- Tuesday 6th April, 8.30pm-915pm, next monthly meeting of Climate Emergency Manchester – and launch of a new report. Email us for log in details – email@example.com
- Monday 19th April – time to be confirmed. CEM’s climate hustings for Manchester City Council. More details imminently.